Pages

January 16, 2013

Questions to ask the Photographer for your Event



I often have people asking me what are some of the questions to ask a photographer besides the usual, (i.e: cost, time, album, etc). Here you go:

  1. Have you ever worked at my wedding site before? If not, do you plan to check it out in advance?
  2. If my wedding site is out of your area, do you charge a travel fee and what does that cover?
  3. Are you the photographer who will shoot my wedding? If so, will you have any assistants with you on that day? If not, who will be taking the pictures and can I meet them before my wedding?
  4. Will you give me the negatives or the digital images, and is there a fee for that?
  5. If my event lasts longer than expected, will you stay? Is there an additional charge?
  6. Do you have backup equipment? What about a backup plan if you (or my scheduled photographer) are unable to shoot my wedding for some reason?
  7. How would you describe your photography style (e.g. traditional, photojournalistic, creative)?
  8. How many weddings have you shot? Have you done many that were similar to mine in size and style?
  9. How long have you been in business? And can I get some referrals?
  10. will your team be available through out the course of the day (couples getting ready shots, when most vendors take some downtime)
Stay tuned for similar blogs on other vendors like DJ, Hair and Make-up and Décor.